Often referred to as the Bulgarian split squat or rear foot elevated split squat.
This effective move trains each leg independently making it a unilateral leg exercise.
- Like squatting, this move can produce noticeable muscle and strength gains
- Less weights on joints than squatting but allows you to see similar muscular results.
- Increases flexibility of the hip flexors and improves overall lower body mobility
- Improves both core strength and balance
- Helps with agility
- Adds variety and targets both legs differently helping to even out the legs unlike squats where one side can compensate for the other.
Add this to your leg workout and see the difference!