There are many studies showing a direct correlation between happiness and physical activity. Here are some facts about physical activity.
- Releases endorphins
- Endorphins are those “feel good” chemicals that are produced from cardiovascular exercise. The body has positive reaction to exercise naturally so that feeling after you get through a tough workout out–yeah those are endorphins!
- Increases serotonin levels
- Having low levels of serotonin has been connected to depression, but guess what naturally increases serotonin levels….yep-EXERCISE! Serotonin affects your mood, ability to sleep and your appetite. So get moving and release those good natural chemicals!
- Improves sleep
- Lack of sleep, restless nights and insomnia are effects of depression. Exercise releases endorphins and serotonin chemicals for “feel good” result and sleep aid but also your body will need rest with the increase activity level you are physically and mentally spent which will allow you to relax and get quality shut eye!
- Now that you are feeling good (endorphins) and sleeping well (serotonin) you are able to focus on you and the natural positive chemicals being released in your body preventing negative or discouraging thoughts that are common with depression.
Exercise has many many positive side effects – do yourself a favor and get moving!