Try this for dinner!
I saw this recipe on some cooking show and decided to give a try with a few healthy modifiers! It turned out to be super easy and delicious!
Cod (or any white fish)
Pepper (whichever kind you like)
1 Garlic clove
Salt and pepper
Drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or Coconut Oil)
Cheese (of your choice)
Good handful of cilantro
Tortilla Chips (I used Simply Balanced organic tortilla chips)
- PreHeat oven to 350 degrees
- Place 2 pieces of thawed cod on a pan with foil; season with olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Place pan in oven for 25 minutes
- In a food processor or blender – add tomatoes, onion, little olive oil, garlic, pepper of choice, chopped cilantro, salt, pepper, lime juice and lemon juice. MIX – once mixed add corn stir.
********You could substitute this ENTIRE step and use your favorite salsa!
- After 25 minutes remove cod from oven and top with salsa mixture or your favorite kind of salsa.
- Top that with tortilla chips
- Top that with your favorite kind of cheese ( I used part skim mozzarella)
- Put back into oven for 6-8 minutes until the cheese is melted chips are browned on corners.
- ALL DONE!!
This is filling enough as is but if you want a side try eating this with brown rice with black beans!