Sometimes we get in a routine, work, gym, kids practices, church, whatever you have going on, taking a break and going outside for a hike may be just want you need! Hiking is great exercise and ALL ages can enjoy it together. The health benefits are just icing on the cake!
Here are a few:
- Improved cardio-respiratory fitness (heart, lungs, blood vessels)
- Improved muscular fitness
- Lower risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
- Lower risk of high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes
- Lower risk of high cholesterol and triglycerides
- Increased bone density or a slower loss of density
- Reduced depression
- Better quality sleep
Change it up and get your family and friends on a trail! Check out to http://www.mapmywalk.com/us/ and look up local trails near you!