I’ve heard this quote before after my second pregnancy and birth and it really resonated with me.
Comparison is the stealer of joy
There is zero benefit to compare your life, journey, status, looks, career, circumstances… Whatever to someone else. It really serves no purpose. Everyone is dealt a different hand and everyone has their own insecurities and worries.
With social media is it easy to go down that rabbit hole, thinking someone has it better than you, or if I could just do this like them my life would be better. No joy comes from comparing your life to someone else’s.
Here are some tips to keep the focus on where it should be .. YOU
- Wake up and tell yourself 3 things you are grateful for
- When you focus on the skills, knowledge and things you have it helps provide perspective
- Celebrate big and little wins
- You got a hot cup of coffee for the first time this week — celebrate it!
- You got through a to do list — celebrate it!
- You got an award at work — celebrate it!
- Don’t be so quick to move to the next thing and celebrate all wins!
- Be your own biggest hype person
- If you don’t cheer for yourself root or believe in yourself you can’t expect someone else too!
- There will never be another you, you are you for a reason.
- You have skills, knowledge and life experiences unlike anyone; even your siblings.
- You are meant to be you — embrace what makes you you!
Live your journey, on your timeline because the only thing you should compare yourself to, is where you started to where you are now!
Go make it a great day!